tirsdag den 22. november 2011

Our new modern and digital generation

“The world as we know it, is about to change.” This is an old quote I remember from a movie I once saw. It makes me think about the subject “Modern and digital world” and about how the old days were. I remember my first telephone, my first computer. Nowadays, I nearly don’t remember the last computer I had or the last phone I owned. The change of the media and the change of the world go hand in hand and are unbreakable.

Back when a mobile phone was as large as a back, people spoke about the new modern and digital generation. They believed that in the future people would walk around with their mobile phones in their pockets and not in a suitcase. They would also have computers that were so handy, that they could bring them home to a friend. Those who did not believe them said that they were crazy.

Funnily enough they were right. Those people, who were called stupid and full of imagination, were right! It makes me think. Why do we not believe in people who speak positively about the future? Why I’m I not believing in them, maybe because it’s too good to be true? Who knows?

The media have changed the world. The technology has changed the world. The Third World War has changed the world. But who has really changed the world? The human species have changed the world. Like the dinosaurs changed the way they were made, back when they were living, we are also changing our way of living. The dinosaurs evolved into a new species, what they eat, what they hunted and where they lived. Today the human species are changing the way their mind works. We are not changing into super humans or any other kind of development. The world around us is changing. Not because we want to, but because in some way we have to keep getting forward. We evolve in the digital way. How we are using automatic pistols all over the world and how we are communicating with each other.

If you go ten years back in time and tell someone that he in the future will be able to buy his food online. It would shock him. He would think that you’ve lost it. The technology, the media, the world are changing all the time and we are not able to stop it. Our technology is reaching further and further. When I see what we have accomplished to make until now, I would not be surprised if one day will be driving around in cars, which float.

Just like the technology, the web and the rest of the world have changed, I also think the media have a major impact on the development of our community. A long time ago the media were only one man on his horse, traveling around and telling news. Nowadays you can’t click on a website without getting news, in one way or another. Because we have such great knowledge, we can now put everything on the net and everyone will be able to exploit it. We no longer have people who do not know so much as we had back then. Nowadays we always have the opportunity to find news or even learn something on the web. It can be both positive and negative. You can find information about everything. For example you can find information on how to make bombs, which of course is a negative thing of our new and modern times.

Just like there are negatives, there are also positive things about the evolution. We are becoming more and more automatic; people are not dying at a young age. We are getting older and older because we are moving forward and developing.

I think it’s a good thing that we are evolving. I like the way that we are getting more and more wireless. We don’t need to be in one place to make one thing. I can work at home, because we have evolved. I can spend time with my girlfriend, because I can make my homework at her place. I feel more free every time we get a new medium. Each time we get more wireless, it’s like getting a chain off the foot.

If we do not come forward, we will stand still in the same hole. I would not prefer it. I look forward to the next new thing that comes into my life. Every day is a gift and each day provides new inspiration for something new.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar