tirsdag den 22. november 2011

rewrite

1) Give your opinions on the opportunities as well as the threats to democracy that the new digital media landscape represents.

Personally I think it’s good that we get these new options, this new way of communicating with people around the globe... I think it’s a huge advantage for many people, and many people have already been talking great, great advantages of this invention.

Look at the politicians. They try to catch the youngest generations, but how are the ever going to do that when none of us are watching television compared to the time we spend in front of our computer? This new weapon of “mass information” provides the politicians with the things they need. Attention. Attention and commercials, to use “against” us. The youth… I don’t mind this mental war they are trying to play with me. I know they lose. They always lose. Or do they? They’re getting better and better at create these commercials, specialized to a language the youth can understand. Whether it’s Lars Løkke or it’s Helle Thorning… This specialized language I talk about is pictures and text we understand... Pictures of busty ladies or action related violence, text that provides me with the stuff I need from politic. A fast and direct speech… If we get these two words served with a nice picture they’ll be invincible regarding to the fight (prep.) getting votes, every election.

When we talk about threats I think there’s a lot of stuff to talk about. This new social media plays a massive role in the digital war. There’s a lot of **** going on, online… I’m talking about weird and creepy movies; I’m talking about a new way of communicating massive treats against mankind… For example we’ve been seeing a lot of movies with Osama Bin Laden and other “great” dangerous leaders. They now have the chance to spread a lot of fear in a matter of minutes. And this is a very dangerous weapon. It can be a great diverter if you want to take the heat of some other **** you are doing at the very moment. Such as the terror with Anders in Norway. He exploded tons of glass, while he went shooting a bunch of kids, on a, now famous, island.

Another example could be the terror that’s been going on, the famous page “www.4chan.org/b” … This is a page where you can upload… well everything… A lot of terrible videos have been uploaded and some of this has been on TV2… I’m thinking about.

The video where a girl throws a lot of puppies in a lake, and they stream the whole “show”. This video has been criticized a lot during the whole film on TV2 but I think that the Danish media did a great job to minimize this video and avoid confusion. But I think that it was easy for the Media to lower the story because this is quite normal in the eastern countries, and that “helped” the Media…

But if I have to make a conclusion on this new weapon I think it’s a positive weapon after all.

Billions uses this media everyday, which makes it a very good invention. And I think that mankind will improve when we look at security, and when you learn how to improve your security you’ll learn how to handle the threats I’ve been talking about. But then again, you can turn it around. Because we know that every time the security improves, the creativity of the scammers improves too. So I guess this will be a fight that will continue as long as there’s mankind than 1 man on the earth….

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar